The tour in a nutshell
This is a tour to the south of Portugal and to its peculiar and diversified culture.
The south territory of Portugal is less populated and received more Moorish influence when compared with the north of the country. Portugal, as a country, was conquered from north to south but that does not makes the south less Portuguese, ultimately reinforces the strong Portuguese characteristic of diversity.
This tour is a voyage to a set less touristic locations but, nonetheless amazing sites, villages and towns that will delight those that looking for out of the ordinary destinations at a high-quality level.
When designing this tour, there was some elements that were important to balance, such as:
- not spending too much time in the van but also include important sites to visit;
- having some walks during the day but not to the extend of being that the focus or the final purpose;
- tasting the local gastronomy but not spending too much time is lunches while giving that possibility during dinners for those who want to do it;
- and including diversity on the activities along the day while also allowing some free time for whatever one may fells for doing on its own.
Some components for the tour had a special care: nice landscapes, wine, food, nice walks, roman and medieval heritage, diversety of activities, contact with local people, diversity of guides in interesting guided visits.
Finally the hotels, one of the most important elements of the tour. A diverse set of hotels were selected to give you comfort but also different experiences in a high quality level for the value invested.
Join us for a memorable tour.
- Visiting Lisbon and surroundings with a local guide and get closer to its culture, taste its pastries and learn about the famous Portuguese hand-painted tiles.
- Can you imagine a Buddha garden surrounded by vineyards?
- Let’s get closer to the Jewish heritage in Portugal at Castelo de Vide.
- You will learn about Portuguese horses in a quite prestigious Portuguese stud farm.
- Several UNESCO World Heritage Sites to visit such as Monastery of the Hieronymites and Tower of Belém in Lisbon, Historic Centre of Évora and Garrison Border Town of Elvas and its Fortifications.
- Several wine cellar visits in between the best wines in Portugal – Herdade do Freixo, Herdade do Esporão e José Maria da Fonseca.
- Countryside walks, monuments guided visits, pottery making, horse ridding demonstrations, wine tastings, urban walks, … , many different activities to be enjoyed along the tour.
- Be lodged in refurbished convents, castles, manor houses along the tour.
- Daily walks: You will find a tour with a balanced mix of urban walks, guided tours and some easy unpaved path walks in the countryside. In average, all in all, you can walk 3 to 5 miles per day. Options, for shorter walks or to stay at the hotel are to be expected. Along the tour, some days are busier than others where you can rest and enjoy the accommodations.
- Other activities: guided visits to monuments, wine tastings, handicraft workshop, short boat ride and opportunities for leisure time.
- Meals: all breakfasts are in the hotels, lunches are a balanced mix of small local restaurants or picnics and dinners are planned to be in the hotel or in local restaurants depending on the specific situation.
- Transportation: a fully dedicated van for the tour.
- Small groups: from 2 up to 6 people.
In 15 days tour, you have included: 14 overnights, 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, all transfers in the tour, all guided tours of the program and so much more.
Please check the weather forecast for the month of November on the several tour’s locations.
Please check the wheather forecast for the month of November on the several tour’s locations.
Lisbon – click here
Marvão – click here
Évora – click here
Monsaraz – click here
Tavira – click here
Alcácer do Sal – click here
Palmela – click here
Hello dear guest,
I’m David Monteiro and I will be your Tour Leader.
I was a CPA in Portugal for more than 20 years, having managerial positions in several multinational companies when in 2005 I decided to change gear and stop for a sabbatical year.
After that, nothing was the same again. In the meantime I found a new dream: tourism.
Easier to dream about it than actually doing it, I had to struggle for a few years to move this project ahead.
In 2007, the first brand was created, “Montes e Vales” (meaning “Hills and Valleys”) started providing tours for individuals and team-building events for corporations. In this context and since the start up, we’ve been intensely providing walking and hiking tours in Portugal and Spain and providing team-building event for big Portuguese and international companies in Portugal.
In 2010, to complement the above mentioned business, a few weeks per year, I start guiding walking tour in Portugal and Spain for US based companies and also providing other kind of support services to active tours and the Iberactive brand started.
I’m passionate about History, photography, arts, culture and gastronomy.
Please call me in case you have any doubt. I’m here to help you make this tour one of the best you ever had.
Hope to see you soon,
+351 914 794 553
South of Portugal
a guided active tour in Portugal by Iberactive.com
Tour dates: 8th Nov 2019 (Day 1) / 22nd Nov 2019 (Day 15)
Do you prefer another date?
If you have your own group, independently of its size, please let us know and we will organize a private tour for you.
Tour Price: 5.500USD per person.
Including: 14 overnights sharing a standard double room, 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, all transfers in tour, all guided tours of the program and so much more.
Single room supplement: 800USD
Accommodations: All the hotels and other accommodations mentioned, are considering their availability at reservation time. In case the referred hotel is not available, a same level or higher hotel/accommodation will be selected.
Due to high demand for Lisbon, the hotel to be used is not referred but it will be selected in between modern 4 stars hotels in the city center.
Breakfast: to be served by the hotel.
Lunches and dinners: The included options, for dishes and wines, are those to be mentioned at the respective time by the Tour Leader.
Flights not included. To better organize your flights, please consider the Lisbon Airport, landing on tour’s Day 1 and departure also from Lisbon Airport at tour’s Day 15.
There will be an Iberactive’s representative to meet you at the Lisbon Airport at your arrival on tour’s Day 1and to take to the Lisbon Airport at your departure on Day 15.
500USD at any time to guarantee your place.
Balance 90 days before the 1st Tour Day
To be paid to the following bank account:
Accounts holder identification:
Iberhills – Eventos e Viagens, Unipessoal Lda
Rua Professor Mira Fernandes, Lt 1543 – 5Dto
1900-383 Lisboa, Portugal
Bank name: Novo Banco SA (Lisbon, Portugal)
IBAN PT50 007 0000 0031 3261 0162 3
SWIFT / BIC: BESCPTPL
The costs of cancellation are as follows:
90 days before 1st Tour Day – 0% of the tour price
89-60 days before 1st Tour Day – 25% of the tour price
59-45 days before 1st Tour Day – 50% of the tour price
44-30 days before 1st Tour Day – 75% of the tour price
29 days or less before 1st Tour Day – 100% of the tour price
To cancel your reservation it is mandatory that an e-mail message to be sent to Iberactive from the same e-mail address used for the reservation. The amount will be transferred back to the same account used for the reservation. The amount to be returned will be calculated considering the above-mentioned cancellation costs.