The tour in a nutshell
Starting and ending in Lisbon was a decision to make our guests life easier and less expensive, in what flights connections are concerned.
On designing this tour itinerary, was imperative to include some of the most important Portuguese historical backgrounds related with the knights Templars, the Jewish heritage and its roman and medieval pasts.
Some sites such as Óbidos, Sintra, Douro Valley, Coimbra and Évora were found compulsory to visit as well as the bigger Portuguese cities like Lisbon and Porto. Some of these places are classified as UNESCO World Heritage Site and those that have not such classification are not less worthy of a visit.
The lodgings were selected to provide you with a wide variety of accommodations balancing in between more known locations and off the beating path, places that were quite difficult to be found by yourself.
To better know a country is indispensable to taste its gastronomy and in the small Portuguese territory one can find a huge diversity at the dinner table. A wide variety of tastes, including wine and olive oil, are planned for you to taste in upscale restaurants but also in local small family cafes’ where you will mingle with the locals.
- Visiting Lisbon and surroundings with a local guide and get closer to its culture, taste its pastries and learn about the famous Portuguese hand painted tiles.
- Do you know that Óbidos was a wedding gift to queens and the Knights Templars found a safe haven in Portugal?
- Let’s get closer to the Jewish heritage in Portugal.
- How an old granite village did became a luxury hotel in the middle of nowhere?
- Pinhão is the heart of the Douro Valley and where an immense quantity of Port wine is produce … let’s taste it.
- Do you remember drinking Mateus Rosé? Maybe some years ago, right? Well, the palace really exists and you can have a guided visit there.
- A 17th century manor house will be one of your accommodations, a place also used by kings and queens.
- Let’s learn was Porto is called the invictus city.
- In Coimbra you will visit one of the oldest universities in the world and in Évora a pre-historic monument, the Almendres Cromlech also called the Portuguese Stonehendge.
- Daily walks: You will find a tour with a balanced mix of urban walks, guided tours and some easy unpaved path walks in the countryside. In average, all in all, you can walk 3 to 5 miles per day. Options, for shorter walks or to stay at the hotel are to be expected. Along the tour, some days are busier than others where you can rest and enjoy the accommodations.
- Other activities: guided visits to monuments, wine tastings, traditional wooden boat ride, scenic train ride and opportunities for leisure time.
- Meals: all breakfasts are in the hotels, lunches are a balanced mix of small local restaurants or picnics and dinners are planned to be in the hotel or in local restaurants depending on the specific situation.
- Transportation: a fully dedicated van for the tour.
- Small groups: from 2 up to 6 people.
- In 15 days tour you have included: 14 overnights, 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, all transfers in tour, all guided tours of the program and so much more.
Hello dear guest,
I’m David Monteiro and I will be your Tour Leader.
I was a CPA in Portugal for more than 20 years, having managerial positions in several multinational companies when in 2005 I decided to change gear and stop for a sabbatical year.
After that, nothing was the same again. In the meantime I found a new dream: tourism.
Easier to dream about it than actually doing it, I had to struggle for a few years to move this project ahead.
In 2007, the first brand was created, “Montes e Vales” (meaning “Hills and Valleys”) started providing tours for individuals and team-building events for corporations. In this context and since the start up, we’ve been intensely providing walking and hiking tours in Portugal and Spain and providing team-building event for big Portuguese and international companies in Portugal.
In 2010, to complement the above mentioned business, a few weeks per year, I start guiding walking tour in Portugal and Spain for US based companies and also providing other kind of support services to active tours and the Iberactive brand started.
I’m passionate about History, photography, arts, culture and gastronomy.
Please call me in case you have any doubt. I’m here to help you make this tour one of the best you ever had.
Hope to see you soon,
+351 914 794 553
North of Portugal
a guided active tour in Portugal by Iberactive.com
Tour dates: 31st May 2019 (Day 1) / 14th June 2019 (Day 15)
Do you prefer another date? If you have your own group, with 2 or more people, please let us know and we will organize a private tour for you.
Tour Price: 5.500USD per person.
Including: 14 overnights sharing standard double room, 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, all transfers in tour, all guided tours of the program and so much more.
Single room supplement: 800USD
Number of participants: this tour will operate with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 participants. In case you have a more numerous group, please let us and the tour will be suited for the specific size.
Accommodations: All the hotels and other accommodations mentioned, are considering their availability at reservation time. In case the referred hotel is not available, a same level or higher hotel/accommodation will be selected. Due to high demand for Lisbon and Porto, the hotels to be used are not going to be referred but they will be selected in between modern 4 stars hotels in the city center.
Breakfast: to be served by the hotel.
Lunches and dinners: The included options, for dishes and wines, are those to be mentioned at the respective time by the Tour Leader.
Flights not included. To better organize your flights, please consider the Lisbon Airport, landing on tour’s Day 1 and departure also from Lisbon Airport at tour’s Day 15.
There will be an Iberactive’s representative to meet you at the Lisbon Airport at your arrival on tour’s Day 1 and to take to the Lisbon Airport at your departure on Day 15.
500USD at any time to guarantee your place.
Balance 90 days before the 1st Tour Day
To be payed to the following bank account:
Accounts holder identification:
Iberhills – Eventos e Viagens, Unipessoal Lda
Rua Professor Mira Fernandes, Lt 1543 – 5Dto
1900-383 Lisboa, Portugal
Novo Banco SA (Lisbon, Portugal)
IBAN PT50 007 0000 0031 3261 0162 3
SWIFT / BIC: BESCPTPL
The costs of cancellation are as follows:
90 days before 1st Tour Day – 0% of the tour price
89-60 days before 1st Tour Day – 25% of the tour price
59-45 days before 1st Tour Day – 50% of the tour price
44-30 days before 1st Tour Day – 75% of the tour price
29 days or less before 1st Tour Day – 100% of the tour price
To cancel your reservation it is mandatory that an e-mail message to be sent to Iberactive from the same e-mail address used for the reservation. The amount will be transferred back to the same account used for the reservation. The amount to be returned will be calculated considering the above mentioned cancellation costs.
“Iberactive” is a registered trademark of:
Iberhills – Eventos e Viagens, Unipessoal Lda (travel agency)
Rua Professor Mira Fernandes, Lt 1543 – 5Dto
1900-383 Lisboa, Portugal
VAT number: 513891099 – Operating with the following licenses: RNAVT: 6246 and RNAAT 338/2016 issued by the Portuguese Tourism Authorities